Microsoft Azure (AZ-104): Azure File Copy/Transfer
There are several methods that we can use to copy/transfer files:
- File Explorer — This is used for File storage and not Blob storage.
- AZ Copy — AzCopy is a command-line utility that you can use to copy blobs or files to or from a storage account. azcopy copy D:\folder1 https://storageAccount.blob.core.windows.net/public — recursive
- Azure Storage Export — This can used to transfer small amount of data to Azure.
- Azure Import/Export Service — This is normally used as one-time transfer of a large amount of data to Azure. “dataset.csv” can be used to specify the list of directories/files that need to be copied to the destination.
- Azure Data Box — Data box is ideally suited to transfer data sizes larger than 40 TBs where you have no to limited network connectivity. You can order the Data Box device via the Azure portal which will be shipped to you.